My two pregnancies have been so different in many ways and similar in only a few.
I have been very fortunate to not have any morning sickness on either child, however for the first trimester I had bleeding on both babies. Ethan’s cleared up after the first trimester but this one was different and the cause was an infection which was cleared up by 17/18 weeks. Both babies wanted me to eat fruits, however she seems to be wanting more sweets now, which is not good for either of us haha.
My pregnancy with Ethan was a lot easier, I never had the aches and pains, I could walk kilometres without needing a heat pack afterwards, and I could do any task without pain or pressure. My little girl is very different.
Let’s start with the hips shall we? I had a section with Ethan, because he was breeched, so I never experienced any hip pain with him. I don’t even think he dropped before he was hauled out. Since about 20 weeks on her I cannot sleep without agony, my hips are burning and aching to the point no matter how I lye there is no relief. Even when I walk around I need to catch myself on something because I’ll get a random sharp pain that feels like my hip is gonna pop out.
Back pain, oh holy lower back pain. This is constant but even worse when pressure is applied to my back. It’s not as bad as the hips unless pressure is applied, otherwise I can usually ignore it unless I have been out walking or doing a lot.
Walking is now not fun, I do it because it’s exercise and promoted during pregnancy, but man does it hurt my hips, little sharp pains in each hip and it feel like it’s always that moment the lil one decides she wants to be like a lead weight.
For the past couple of weeks the most different sensation I’ve felt is when I squat down to help Ethan with something or play with him, literally feels like she wants to come now, like a lead pressure pushing downwards, hurts sooooo much and it’s so uncomfortable!
Let’s talk about the public differences of a second pregnancy..
- People no longer worry about you. First pregnancy people would open doors, carry your stuff, and go out of their way to help you. Now, nope lol. You gotta be super mom, carry that screaming toddler under one arm and wrestle them during those diaper changes. All while gymnastics is being performed in your uterus.
- Your toddler really doesn’t care if you want to nap or rest, he wants to run around and have you chase him, or even better, he wants to be thrown into the air multiple times. Of course this has to be done from a standing position because sitting down isn’t as fun.
- You are super mom because if not no one would be fed, have clean clothes, and the house would be a pigsty. I admit sometimes I lose this battle and nap when Ethan naps, instead of cleaning, because I just can’t do it.
- If you have one under 2 like I do, you will become a human jungle Jim, and no matter how much you try to explain it they will step all over you for cuddles, hugs, play time, and even just to make you forget they did something bad
- Second or third or tenth pregnancies go quicker than your first because you have so much to do and a little one(s) that require your attention.
- You have the same concerns you had on your first pregnancy, just less time to worry about them.
I am appreciating this pregnancy more. My little girl kicks and punches a lot more than Ethan ever did, so it’s nice when I finally sit down to feel those kicks, even if they are directed at my cervix 80% of the time.
I am excited to see Ethan with her. I know for the first bit he will be jealous but it’s all about including them in your activities and asking for their help. He will love his sister and he will be a great big brother.
I cannot wait to have her in my arms, but at the same time I can because this is possibly my last pregnancy and I want to enjoy every last kick, hiccup, and craving.
Anyways that’s my update so far. Otherwise I’m unemployed and enjoying mommy life, the diapers, snotty noses, and everything else :).
Till next time!